There are two entrances to RIBA Venues. One is located at the main entrance of 66 Portland Place which is step free from street level and allows step free access to most event spaces. There is an electronic button to open one of the main doors automatically. The two lifts servicing all 6 levels of the building are 0.75m wide x 0.90m deep. The second step free entrance is on Bridford Mews. It has convenient wheelchair access to the back of house areas and goods lift ( 1.75m wide x 0.81m deep) as well as the Jarvis Hall and Foyer.
Disabled parking bays
There is no parking available at RIBA Venues. Disabled parking spaces nearby may be available. Details of disabled parking in the area surrounding RIBA can be found at: www.masterpark.org.uk To view spaces in the area reserved for Blue Badge holders on a map please visit bluebadge.direct.gov.uk .
In-house facilities include:
- Wheelchair access throughout the building and all rooms, please call the front desk prior to arrival for further details.
- Specially adapted toilet on the lower ground (near cloakroom).
- Induction loops are available. Some loops are permanently installed in the meeting rooms and we have a supply of mobile loops available for meeting rooms where they are not built-in. Please let us know in advance if you require one. The reception desks at both entrances and all passenger lifts are fitted with induction loops.
- Full staging available for hire including a wheelchair access ramp for any speakers requiring this facility. Please let us know your requirements when ordering staging.
- All rooms are flat-floored allowing for flexible seating arrangements. Please note that accommodating a large number of physically disabled visitors will reduce the stated capacity of each room.
- All staff participate in regular disability awareness training and are trained first aiders with current certification.
- Mobile phone charging facilities (available on request).
Disabled access policy
It is our policy to make our facilities as accessible as possible to all visitors. If you have any specific requirements not outlined here, please contact the Venues Manager on 020 7307 3771 who will be able to help. We welcome any comments or suggestions on how we can improve our service and accessibility.